Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Toronto, Part 1

Good morning!

So, it's been three days since I blogged last, roughly.

In that time, I have changed accommodations, AGAIN. I am now staying with one of my Contingent Members in the outskirts of the downtown (not too far away). It's pretty nice, saved me quiet a bit in comparison to the hostel.

On Sunday, I went threw Kensington Market and Chinatown. I also happened to stumble upon the Parliament building (technically the Legislative Assembly, but that's semantics). I have to say of the three spots, Kensington was my favorite. It's just an open air market, that the general area developed. The first story of their home is the shop, and they live above. Not really that new of a concept, but that there is an ENTIRE neighborhood dedicated to this is pretty awesome.

That's all that really happened on Sunday. Nothing to special.

Yesterday, I met up with David Millie (Council Youth Commissioner for White Pine) and one of his Rovers, Derick. We ended up cruising into Hamilton, a bit of the Niagara region, and all the way into Whitby. The summary of the day is: Hard Rock Cafe for lunch, Hershey's store for entertainment and novelty, Go Karting for the kid inside of me, Wine tasting for the adult, and meeting up with the other Rovers of Whitby to socialize.

That's about it for my adventures.

Today, I plan on speaking to my other Contingent Members, firming up plans, and go to the CN tower. Hopefully I'll get another blog posted tonight.

For now, I have an adventure to experience!

Yours In Scouting/Rovering

Kimberly McGilvray
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment