Saturday, August 21, 2010

Coaching

I'm currently at the Toronto Coach Terminal, waiting for my bus. (1 am departure). I'm super excited to be starting my treck home. I've enjoyed the Central of Canada, kinda wanna stay longer, but I'm wanting to come home.

There was an announcement that Justin Beibers in the terminal. I think it's a little hokey, but that's ok.

So, today. Quiet the day.

I spent most of it going threw my gear, and double checking I had everything done and set to go.

I also happened to go threw a traditional Rover Investiture (via 1st Whitby). It was rather interesting, but at the same time, extremely bland. Made me think of how I'm going to do Cubs this year. Gotta be something cool.....

After wards, we went into another ceremony, Knighthood. Before we started with the super secret things, I was asked a question, and it was one i have ironically spent a long time thinking about. "If you weren't involved in Scouting, would you be where you are today? Be where your going? Being the person you are?" I couldn't help but smile. Because I know my answer is "no". There's a wonderfully long list of the reasons, but I'm much to lazy to type it out.

We proceded with the knighthood. And yes, there was a REAL sword. Had to kneel, and get dubbed. I'm now "Sir Kimefur". Unfortuatley, I dont feel any different.

We then when to Whalley's World for a burger. Now this isn't any old burger, it's a death burger. it hurts. It was followed by a Dairy World Twisted Oreo Ice Cream/Bizarre creation. My stomache still hasn't forgiven me.

I then packed up, and said good bye to the people I've met and enjoyed the last week with.

I've gotta jet to get into line. Boo!

Till next time,

Yours In Rovering,

Kimberly McGilvray
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment