Saturday, August 14, 2010

Relocated

HEY!

So, it's been about three? days since my last blog? Sounds about right.

Since last time I have relocated myself into Toronto (that's pretty much what I spent yesterday doing). Today was more or less my traditional quick run about, gathering resources, and recovering from the bus ride.

On my full/last/only day in Ottawa, I went to Scouts Canada Head Quarters. It was nice, and highly informative. I meet with a few of the behind the scenes persons, and got to go threw the Museum that's currently being put together via a retired scouters (has over 75 years of service). It was pretty cool to see the uniforms from around the world, different badges, and gear from groups that have unfortunately fallen.

I chilled in the scout shop and learned more about the Rover program from an aged out Rover. I got a badge I'm going for this year, the Rover Rambler. :)

Afterwards, I headed towards Parliment Hill. I went on a tour of the East Block (the building where John A. MacDonalds Office once was, and two other individuals). Even got to go into the original Privy Chamber. It was pretty cool. Seeing the original Crown modling, how they would heat&cool the building in the summer, and just the genearl luxery that these gentlemen had. Also, I learned that there is a new builing, thats not an original part of Parliment hill. It's where the current Primier's office is located. They got underground tunnels that connent all four blocks. Unfortuately due to security, we didn't get to see it.

I then went on a tour of the Center block (where the House of Commons meets, Sentate, and Libary is). It was pretty cool. Lots of super stitions, traditions, and symbolizim. I even got to check out two new rooms that have just been opened to the public. The Francophones, and native (basically rooms traditaionally dressed to support these culters). I even went to the top of the Peace tower (the clock tower), and a war memorial.

Afterwards, I grabbed a hot dog, and settled on the grass to watch the parts of Fortissimo I missed the night prior. I even got my favourite parts on video. I left after the highland dancers due to my camera beign full, and needing to find accomidations in Toronto. I caught the tale end of Mosaika and got taht on video.

THe following morning, I did one last run about, and packed up. On the bus i was yet again and heading into toronto. I got in at a decent time, and just stayed in, had a bit of a nap, and found another accomidation (the original one didn't do it for me).

I moved this morning, and did a quick run about the city. I came back early and haven't gone out again due to feeling a little ill. (got a bit of a cold, ick). I spent a good part of earlier today asleep (which i blame on my pervious hostel, people coming in super late and being stupid loud). I got myself a map, and am currently making plans for tomorrow.

I'm going to start to call my Contingent members, and see what's up with them. Also, going to see if I'm going on the camp this coming weekend or not.

Anyways, till next time.

Yours in Scouting/Rovering

Kimberly McGilvray
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment