Monday, January 10, 2011

Surfing

I’ve got a bit of a story to tell. It’s about a blue camera. This blue camera is waterproof. It has been up Mt. Arapiles, Mt. Bluff, across the country, in the pacific, in hot springs, in 4 of 5 of the great lakes, scene the Great Barrier Reef, and the east coast of Australia.

Today, while I was surfing, due to a quick decision to try and untangle myself from the leash of my board, I passed it over to the instructor. I untangled. I go back to get my camera to get a few pictures of Tyler actually surfing, and the blue camera was taken by the southern ocean.

Crap.

Later in the day, I go for a stroll on the beach, and see a guy, mucking about with a blue camera. Guess whose camera? Oh yeah. I go, inquire. Go figure, he deleted all my pictures, claimed it as his own, and left.

Double Crap.

So, away goes my camera, to some new adventures with some jack ass.

Luckily, I have all my pictures on my computer. God damn I feel smart.

Now, about the surfing, minus the camera bits.

I go threw a good tutorial, and hit the waves. I jump up and down, and giggle. I love it. The power of the ocean is simply, amazing. I paddle around for a bit on my board, feel off balance, and just give her. Of course, just like my trip to Tifino, I end up toppling over, going splash, and giggling when I get up. Repeat this for about an hour. The good part, I did far better then I did in Tifino. YAHOO!!!

Then enter Camera bit.

Tonight, is beach night. Meaning there is a mechanical surf boards (instead of a bull), and wake boards and beach bums everywhere in the Arena. It’s not about 11 pm here at the Moot, and tomorrow, I get to go an explore some sanctuaries, a brewery, meet a local artist, and I’m sure there is something else. It’s also the competition for the Eastman shield. I’m proud to report, the Canadian Contingent is going to give it her all to win (doubtful, but we will do our best!) Only 5 competitions to win!

The following day will be Land Yachting. I’ve heard a few not so great things about it, but that’s ok. It’ll be something new. It will also then be Contingent Night. (and of course the contingent has came up with a few brilliant things, the “I am Canadian” Monologue, followed by an action scout song “Rocks and Trees”. It’s almost too perfect.

The last day of Moot will be an adventure into Adelaide, most likely a trip to the beach if the weather is awesome.

Yours In Rovering,

Kimberly McGilvray
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment