Monday, January 10, 2011

Kangaroos and Emus

Today I went to Handorf and Cleland. Our first stop was morning tea at Mt. Lofty’s summit. It was cool to see all of Adelaide before me. We also saw the Ashes (left over trees from the last big forest fire). Since there was time to kill, we managed to see two native birds on our trails. Huzzah!

Next, we went to Cleland Sanctuary. There, I saw more Koalas, Dingos (a wild dog that’s a pest, but not), Tasmanian Devils (super cute, I love them), and of course Kangaroos and Emus. Here’s the best part, I was able to FEED and PET them. Well, the Kangaroo, not the Emu. They scared me to be honest. Different feeling having them eat out of your hand.

Next, we went to Warrongo Sanctuary for lunch. Upon our hunt, we didn’t see any Platapues (very sad), but I did get a lovely lunch.

From there, we whisked away to Beerenburg in Handorf. Beerenburg is not a brewery, but rather a strawberry farm. Jams, jams, jams. Oh so many jams.

Next, there was an exploration of Handorf itself. This is a german town suburb. So much chocolate. Oh man. I tried a peanut butter truffle. It was heaven in my mouth. I also went through the local art’s gallery. A water colour master.

We stopped off at Melbour, a giant chocolate factory. Oh, it was glorious. So much chocolate. Take a Purdies factory, and make it into an outlet store, with actual viewing areas. They were closing down when we got there, but it didn’t stop me from indulging.

After dinner, was the East Man Shield Competition. We are still waiting to hear how we did, but we do know, we stomped Queensland. Super hard. We won 3/3 challenges (there 60 odd contingent against our 9 person. Win).

And away the evening went towards the Togas.

Yours In Rovering,

Kimberly McGilvray
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment